Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Good Service

Longstreet, you served alongside me well. While I was alive, that is. I'm dead now, so you don't really do that anymore. But anyway, you, me and Lee, were almost unstoppable, it was so nice. I had the offense, you had the defense, Lee had the plans. Man, I wish I never died, that was just horrible. Oh, and I'm not jealous that Lee called for your promotion to lieutenant general to be a day early, just so you could be the senior lieutenant general of the Confederate Army, at all. It's totally okay, I mean, it's not like I did a lot of work too, possibly even just as much, maybe more. But anyway, thanks for all the service you did with me, I will never forget you. Mainly because I died during the war, but still, take it as a compliment.
- Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment